Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Khmeli-Suneli is a classic Georgian spice mix.
This spice blend is typically used in Georgia for braised mutton and is especially employed in Georgian sauces which have and unique flavour — combining sour, friuty and spicy notes.
Variable in its constituents and contains one rather mysterious ingredient, Imeretic Saffron which is probably Blessed Thistle (Cnicus benedictus), but might also be marigold (Tagetes erecta [as given in many recipes]) or safflower Carthamus tinctorius.
- 2 tbsp dried marjoram
- 2 tbsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp dried summer savory
- 2 tbsp dried mint
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 2 tbsp dried ground marigold or blessed thistle or safflower petals
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground fenugreek seeds
- 2 crushed dried bay leaves
- Combine the ingredients in a large pestle and mortar and grind together into a medium-fine powder.