- ½ cup rice
- 5 cups milk regular
- ¾ – 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom seeds
- ¼ cup shredded blanched almonds
- ½ cup water
- Wash and drain the rice.
- Soak in ½ cup water for ½ hour.
- Boil the rice in the same water until it is coated and the water dries up.
- Add the milk and simmer on low heat for 1½ hours.
- Scrape the sides and bottom frequently to prevent sticking and mash rice while stirring.
- When it is creamy, add sugar and stir in well.
- Remove from heat and add crushed cardamom seeds and shredded almonds.