Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Homemade Uzbek Sausage
- 200g (18 oz) mutton
- sheep's intestines
- 200 g (7 oz) lungs
- 1 spleen
- 1 kidney
- 100 g (3½ oz) mutton fat
- 5 onions
- 200 g or 1 cup rice
- ½ cup water
- black pepper, cumin
- For the stuffing, finely dice mutton, fat, spleen, kidney and onions or put through a meat-grinder.
- Soak rice in ½ cup water.
- Add salt and pepper, combine with meat mixture and mix well.
- Clean intestines in cold water, rub in salt, and rinse.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times.
- Tie one end of intestines with a thread and hold open end with funnel inserted.
- Fill entire length of intestines with stuffing, and tie end, leaving a little space for expansion of the filling while cooking.
- Put in cold water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve either hot or cold.