- Cut a cleaned, thoroughly washed hen into pieces, put it into a sauce-pan, add shredded onions, close the cover and place the pan on fire.
- Stew till the onions turn brown, then cover the pieces with boiling water and put peeled, finally shredded tomatoes.
- Mince walnuts, garlic, dry and fresh coriander, pepper, saffron in a mortar and put them into a small bowl.
- Gradually add broth using a table-spoon and thoroughly stir the mass.
- Pour the mass into the pan and boil till the hen is ready.
- Add salt to taste.