Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Georgian beef soup
- 500 g brisket
- 2 onions
- 2 or 3 [cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato purée or 100 g tomatoes
- a cupful rice
- a cupful tart plums
- salt, pepper
- butter or drippings
- chopped kindza (coriander)
- parsley or dill
- Wash and cut the meat so as to have 3 or 4 pieces per plate.
- Cover with cold water, bring to boil and skim.
- Simmer for 2 hours, add finely sliced onion, crushed garlic, rice and plums.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Saute tomatoes or tomato puree in butter or drippings.
- Add to the kharcho and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped coriander, parsley or dill.