Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ½ cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 cup thin buttermilk
- salt to taste
- 2 – 3 pinches turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
For seasoning Edit
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut scraped
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- Mix water, flour, salt and turmeric to form a batter.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan, add batter.
- Stir vigorously and evenly to avoid lump formation.
- Cook till the mixture does not taste raw, stirring continuously.
- When done (about 7 – 8 minutes), pour a ladelful in a large plate.
- Spread as thin as possible with the back of a large flat spoon.
- Use circular outward movements as for dosas.
- When cool, cut into 2" wide strips.
- Carefully roll each strip, repeat for all plates.
- Place in a serving dish.