Round yeast bread
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup powdered milk
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups warm water
- beaten egg and sesame seeds for garnish
- Dissolve yeast in tepid water.
- Put dry ingredients in a bowl, make a well in the center, add eggs, yeast and oil.
- Add enough water to make a very thick pancake batter, whisk well, cover tightly and put in a warm place for 10–12 minutes.
- Warm a small frying pan) ungreased).
- Take a handful of dough and put it in the pan, patting in flat with little water in your hand, to form a round pattie which is not too thick.
- Heat through and when it starts to bubble, put a teaspoon of beaten egg on top and sprinkle sesame seeds over.
- When the bread begins to swell and turns brown on the bottom, remove from the pan, and put under the grill until brown on top.
- Continue in this way with the reminder of the dough.