Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Round yeast bread
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup powdered milk
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups warm water
- beaten egg and sesame seeds for garnish
- Dissolve yeast in tepid water.
- Put dry ingredients in a bowl, make a well in the center, add eggs, yeast and oil.
- Add enough water to make a very thick pancake batter, whisk well, cover tightly and put in a warm place for 10–12 minutes.
- Warm a small frying pan) ungreased).
- Take a handful of dough and put it in the pan, patting in flat with little water in your hand, to form a round pattie which is not too thick.
- Heat through and when it starts to bubble, put a teaspoon of beaten egg on top and sprinkle sesame seeds over.
- When the bread begins to swell and turns brown on the bottom, remove from the pan, and put under the grill until brown on top.
- Continue in this way with the reminder of the dough.