Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Georgian spicy beef stew
- 1½ lb beef chuck boneless cubed ½"
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup beef stock
- 3 onions, chopped fine
- 2 tsp tamarind concentrate
- 2½ tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp paprika Hungarian hot
- ¼ tsp fenugreek ground
- ¾ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp tarragon dried
- 1½ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 3 garlic cloves minced fine
- 3 tbsp cilantro leaves chopped
- ¼ cup walnut pieces finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey
- Heat the oil over med-high heat in a large cast iron skillet.
- Add the beef, onions, and garlic and cook while stirring for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Combine the hot beef stock, with the tomato paste and the tamarind concentrate in a bowl and alow to stand until all of the tamarind concentrate is dissolved, approximately 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add this mixture to the beef as well as all of the other ingredients, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Add stock as needed if the liquid reduces too much.
- Add the sugar and walnuts and simmer for 15 more minutes.