- 1 cup deseeded dates (khajur)
- 2 tbsp deseeded tamarind (imli)
- ½ cup grated jaggery (gur)
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- salt to taste
- Wash the dates and tamarind and put them in a pressure cooker.
- Add the jaggery and 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape and then blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Add 1½ cups of water, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt and mix well.
- Refrigerate and use as required.