Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet
- Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 4 medium chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp lime peel
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp ginger, ground
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 orange
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large skillet cook chicken and garlic in butter or margarine over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning chicken once and stirring garlic occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine lime peel, lime juice, ginger, and pepper; set aside.
- Peel orange.
- Reserving juice, cut orange in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into slices.
- Add any reserved orange juice and the lime juice mixture to skillet.
- Place the orange slices on top of chicken.
- Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- To serve, spoon any reserved drippings over chicken.
- If desired, serve with cooked rice and garnish with lime wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
- 167 Calories | 6g Total Fat | 3g Saturated Fat | 84mg Sodium | 5g Carbs | 67mg Cholesterol | 22g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ fruit | 3 lean meat | ½ fat