- 4-5 medium potatoes, boiled in the skin and cooled
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium Onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 cup of Peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp. ginger (fresh, minced)
- 1 fresh Green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground Coriander
- 1 tsp. garam masala (an Indian spice mixture)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro/Coriander/parsley (whatever you can get)
- One package of egg Roll Wrappers
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into quarter-inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and put the onions into it.
- Fry them until they begin to turn brown at the edges.
- Add the Peas, ginger, chili pepper, fresh coriander, and water.
- Cover the frying pan, lower the heat to simmering, and simmer until the Peas are cooked, stirring occasionally. Add water if needed to keep the mixture from drying out.
- Add the potatoes, salt, etc., and mix.
- Cook on low heat for 3–4 minutes. Let the mixture cool slightly, so that it can be easily handled. #Stuff the egg roll wrappers with the filling and deep fry to a golden brown.