- 2 kg. potatoes (about 4 - 4 ½ lbs.)
- 2 tbsp cooking fat
- 1 kg. green peas (2.2 lbs.)
- 2 cobs tender green maize
- One chopped Onion
- salt to taste
- Prepare potatoes and Peas and remove the maize from the cobs.
- Cook on a high heat with just enough water to cover until the vegetables are tender.
- Mash the Peas and the potatoes to a smooth consistency, adding a little fluid if desired. Fry the onions until brown; add to the other vegetables and fry together on a low heat.
- Serve when hot.