Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Dried whole kernel corn (maize); rinsed in cold water
- Dried beans (kidney beans or similar); soaked in cold water for a few hours, rinsed
- In a large pot, combine equal amount dried corn and beans. Add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook over high heat for ten minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for two hours or until corn and beans are tender.
- In the finished dish, most of the water should be absorbed, and the corn and beans should be tender yet still intact, not mushy. Season with salt, oil, or fat.
Serve hot, alone as a main dish, or as a side to any other dish