Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add enough water to make a fairly stiff dough.
- Knead well.
- Roll out on a floured board into a fairly thick circle.
- Brush with oil.
- From the centre of the circle, make a cut to one edge.
- Roll up dough into a cone, press both ends in, and make a ball again. Repeat that process 2-3 more times.
- Divide dough into 4 or 5 balls, and roll each out into a thin circle. Heat a frying pan over moderate heat and dry out each chapati in the pan quickly. Brush pan with oil and fry chapati slowly until golden brown on each side. Serve hot or cold with stew or sauce.