Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup Dried beans
- 4 cup Boiling water
- 1 lb Beef stew meat—cut in 1" Cubes
- 2 tbl oil
- 1 lrg Onion -- chopped coarsely
- 2 lrg potatoes -- pared & cubed
- 3 x Ribs celery -- cut in 1" Slices
- 3 med carrots -- pared & sliced
- 1 cup corn -- fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp curry powder or berbere
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1/2 lb Brussel sprouts—fresh or Frozen
- Add beans to boiling water in a 3 qt saucepan or dutch oven; boil for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for one hour.
- Brown meat in hot oil; add Onion and cook until brown.
- Add meat and Onion mixture and all other ingredients (except Brussel Sprouts) to the beans; add one cup boiling water.
- Simmer stew for 1 hour, add sprouts and cook for 15 minutes.