Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp shortening or lard
- ½ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup hot water
- 1¼ cups flour, sifted
- ½ cup molasses
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Cream together the butter, shortening or lard (lard was used in the authentic recipes), and sugar.
- Beat the eggs well, and stir into the butter mixture, along with the molasses.
- Sift the dry ingredients together onto a sheet of wax paper; pour into butter mixture, mix lightly.
- Add hot water.
- Beat hard to make a smooth batter.
- Cook in pre-heated waffle iron and bake 3 – 5 minutes, or until waffle is done to the desired color and steaming stops.
- Serve with vanilla flavored whipped cream or brown sugar sauce.