Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 frying chicken cut into parts
- 2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons spice mixture
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
Spice Mixture Edit
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons pepper
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ginger
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- Par boil chicken for 15 minutes then cool.
- Combine all spice mixture ingredients until well combined.
- Combine flour and spice mixture together then dip cooled chicken pieces in flour mixture then in egg and milk mixture then shake in flour mixture again.
- Deep fry until golden brown.