- Pork bones, washed and trimmed of all fat
- 6 straight-bulbed spring onions
- 2 bunches coriander
- 10 sm shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 hen's eggs
- 4-5 tb minced Pork, the red meat only, a quantity equivalent to a Duck's egg
- 1 lg bowl of sliced cabbage
- coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ground black pepper
- fish sauce
- Put 2 metal jugfuls (2 pints) of water in a pot. Put the pot on the fire. Put the prepared bones, the spring onions, the coriander and salt in the pot, cover it and leave it to boil until the meat separates from the bones. Take the pot off the fire. Strain the soup, return it to the pot and put it back on the fire. Let it come back to the boil, then add the cabbage, the shallots and fish sauce. Use a fork to add in the minced Pork a little at a time. When the vegetables are cooked, taste and cheek the saltiness. Break the hen's eggs into the soup and stir to mix them in.
- Serve the soup in a bowl, garnished with the chopped coriander leaves and the ground black pepper.