Flavorful fried plantains cubes.
- 6 plantain bananas; ripe, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled, grated fresh ginger root
- teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- palm oil
- Grind together grated ginger root, pepper, and salt, then mix with water.
- In a glass bowl toss together the plantain cubes and spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Fry plantains, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper, keep in warmed oven until all the plantains are fried.
- Serve immediately.