Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Flavorful fried plantains cubes.
- 6 plantain bananas; ripe, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled, grated fresh ginger root
- teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- palm oil
- Grind together grated ginger root, pepper, and salt, then mix with water.
- In a glass bowl toss together the plantain cubes and spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Fry plantains, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper, keep in warmed oven until all the plantains are fried.
- Serve immediately.