Ground meat kebabs
- Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 lb ground lean beef or lamb
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Let stand 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Or prepare hot coals on barbecue grill.
- Using about ¼ cup mixture for each kebab, mold into a sausage shape around flat metal skewers.
- Moistening your hands will help mold the meat mixture onto skewers.
- Taper ends of sausage shapes to prevent meat from slipping off skewers during cooking.
- Place skewers on broiler rack 4 inches from heat source on grill or over hot coals.
- Turn frequently to brown evenly until meat is done as desired, 10 to 15 minutes.