Ground meat with peas
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 – 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 – 6 whole green cardamoms
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 – 2 dried bay leaves
- 7 – 8 whole black peppercorns
- 7 – 8 whole cloves
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- fresh chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Brown ground chicken in a non-stick pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add cumin seeds, onions and green chillies, all the whole spices, and fry for 5 – 6 minutes till onions turn brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook till all the juices dry up and a thick paste is formed.
- Add salt, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, cumin powder, and cook till spices blend in well. Add browned chicken, water and peas, and cover cook for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with parathas!
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com