Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 2 whl chickens (3-lbs ea)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 x Cloves garlic minced
- 1 lrg Onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbl black pepper Fresh grnd.
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup green olives chopped without pimientos
- 4 tbl lemon rinds minced
- Heat olive oil in a roasting pan and place chickens, breast down in the pan. Combine ginger, paprika, garlic, Onion, nutmeg, saffrom, salt & pepper in a bowl. Rub this mixture onto the chickens and season to taste with Add enough water to cover chickens halfway. Cook on High heat until boiling.
- Remove pan from heat and place in 400 degree F. oven. Bake, uncovered, for 30 mins. Turn chickens & continue baking until tender & golden brown, approx. 25 mins. Move chickens to serving platter. Place pan on stove top & bring the Chicken juices to a boil. Add and lemon rind. Reduce heat to Low & simmer 5 minutes. Spoon sauce over chickens & serve.