Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes, until lightly browned
Best of All Worlds Chicken is easy to prepare in advance of a dinner party and is sure to please everyone. Chicken breast is wrapped in brie, proscuitto, spinach and crescent rolls to create a creamy, salty, sweet delectable dinner. One "piece" of chicken is rich enough and filling enough that you won't even need a side!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 round of brie
- 1 package baby spinach
- 1 package of proscuitto
- 2 crescent roll packages (or 8 rolls total)
- Rasberry jam (if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Take chicken and lightly sear each side in a small amount of olive oil, set aside
- On a cookie sheet, roll out the crescent rolls in rectangles, keeping two attached at a time. If they peel apart, just press back together to form a rectangle.
- Rinse off the spinach and place a healthy layer (I like to put 2 or 3 spinach leaves deep) over the entire rectangle.
- Place one or two pieces of proscuitto across the top of the spinach to from a new layer.
- Cut the brie into small pieces and press out flat using your hands. Create a third layer of filling over the proscuitto with the brie.
- Place one seared chicken breast into the middle of one layered rectangle. Roll up the sides and press on the dough to seal shut. Do the same with the other 3 pieces.
- If serving immediately, bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top part of the crescent roll is lightly browned.
- If serving at a later time, cover with saran wrap and refrigerate.
- When serving, you can glaze the top of the roll with rasberry for an extra punch of sweetness if desired.