Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Macedonian Style Sausages
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 125 mL
- 3 leeks, chopped (white and light green only) 3
- (about 1 lb/500 g whole)
- 1 lb onions, chopped (about 3) 500 g
- 3 lbs coarsely ground Pork 1.5 kg
- 2 lbs coarsely ground Beef 1 kg
- 2 tbsp each salt and garlic powder 30 mL
- 1 tbsp each dried parsley and dried oregano 15 mL
- 2 tsp dried mint 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp each paprika and hot pepper flakes 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper 2 mL
- Hog Sausage casings
- In large skillet (in two batches if necessary), heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté leeks and onions until very soft, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In large bowl, combine cooled Onion mixture, ground Pork, ground Beef, salt, garlic powder, parsley, oregano, mint, paprika, hot pepper flakes and pepper. Mix gently with hands until well blended. Cover and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl of warm water, soak Sausage casings for about 10 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- Using Sausage stuffing machine, fill casings with meat mixture. Twist into links and place in a single layer on a tray and refrigerate, uncovered, for 24 hours (or hang with string from a hockey stick and let dry in cold room, less than 40 °F/4 °C for 24 hours).
- Cut links apart and place sausages on a rimmed baking sheet, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) between links. Bake in 350 °F (180 °C) oven for about 30 minutes or until no longer pink inside.