Spiced lamb chops
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups butter
- 4 pinches cloves
- 2 tsp Lebanese spice
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaved parsley
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 4 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 48 trimmed loin lamb chops
- 1 gram pinch coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
Lebanese spice mix Edit
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the spices, mint, parsley, stir once or twice, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the crushed garlic and leave for at least one hour for the flavors to mingle.
- Season the lamb chops to taste.
- Melt the butter mixture if it has congealed, and brush the meat with it.
- Cook the chops under a preheated broiler for about 6 – 8 minutes a side, until the outside is well-browned but the inside is still pink.
- Put on plates and pour the remaining seasoned butter over them.