- Ethnicity - Kashmiri, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Wash and soak rice for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix milk, cream, sugar, salt.
- Drain rice, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan.
- Add cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamoms, cloves.
- Allow to splutter.
- Add rice and fry in ghee for 2 minutes.
- Add milk, cream, mixture.
- Add ½ cup water.
- Bring to a boil.
- When boil is reached, cover and simmer till cooked.
- Each grain should be cooked, but separate.
- Mix in drained fruit very gently.
- Sprinkle few drops of rose water.
- Serve hot with a curry or tadka dal.