Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Kashmiri, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Make bouquet garni of onions, cinnamon, cloves, 8 peppercorns, 4 cardamoms, and coriander.
- Put bag of spices in a pan, add meat, salt, and enough water to cover. Cook until water reduces to half.
- Remove bag of spices and squeeze out the flavor.
- Add the Sugar and juice from 1/2 lemon; cook until liquid is syrupy.
- In another pan, boil the rice in water with the remaining spices and some salt until barely tender; drain.
- In a casserole, put a layer of rice, then the meat, then remaining rice.
- Pour saffron milk over top, sprinkle with nuts, cover tightly, bake like pullao (350 F for 30-45 minutes).