Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 6 Servings
- 1 small cauliflower head
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 oz spinach
- 3 tbsp butter
- 7 cups water
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 medium carrots - chopped fine
- ⅓ cup half and half
- 3 medium potatoes - peeled, chopped
- white pepper
- 7 oz shrimp - peeled, cooked
- ½ lb green beans - cut in pieces
- 2 tbsp dill - chopped
- 5 radishes - halved
- Divide cauliflower into flowerets.
- Wash and chop spinach.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add sugar and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Add cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, green beans, radishes and peas.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are nearly tender - 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add spinach - cook 5 minutes longer.
- Strain and reserve cooking liquid - set vegetables aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan - stir in flour.
- Stirring constantly, gradually add strained cooking liquid and milk.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with half and half - stir in ¼ cup hot cooking liquid.
- Stir egg-yolk mixture into saucepan - season with salt and white pepper.
- Return cooked vegetables to soup.
- Add shrimp - heat through.
- Pour into tureen or serve in individual bowls.
- Sprinkle with dill.