Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Jacobs Estate in Mabank, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 10 medium potatoes well scrubbed
- 1 large white onion chopped
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook potatoes in water until tender.
- While hot remove skins and set potatoes aside until cool enough to handle comfortably.
- Slice into a large bowl.
- Simmer onion in a saucepan with vinegar and water until tender.
- Pour over potatoes and allow to stand until cold.
- Do not mix or disturb the potatoes as they will crumble and become mushy.
- When potatoes are cool add oil, bacon, parsley, salt and pepper then toss gently to blend flavors.