Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 pounds small red-skinned potatoes (about 2 inches in diameter), washed well
- 10 slices bacon, cut crosswise into ¼-inch strips (about ½ pound)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1½ c)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- garnish: chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large saucepan combine potatoes with salted water to cover by 1 inch and simmer until just tender, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a large heavy skillet cook bacon over moderate heat, stirring, until browned and crisp and transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Drain potatoes and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut potatoes into eighths and in a bowl combine with bacon.
- Keep mixture warm, covered.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons fat from skillet and sauté onion over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and broth and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to warm potatoes with parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, tossing gently, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve potato salad warm or at room temperature, garnished with parsley.