Makes about 12 servings
- 10 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 can (14½ ounces) beef broth
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In Dutch oven place potatoes.
- Cover with water.
- Over high heat, heat to a boil.
- Cook 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cut into cubes.
- In medium saucepan gradually mix broth into flour, sugar, celery seed, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add vinegar and onion.
- Over medium heat, cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- In large bowl toss potatoes, parsley and broth mixture until evenly coated.