Rice filling Edit
- Rinse the rice and place it in boiling water.
- Simmer until most of the water is absorbed.
- Add the milk, lower the heat to a minimum, and partially cover the pot.
- Simmer until the milk has been absorbed and the rice has turned into a thick porridge.
- Season with salt and leave to cool.
- Add the flour and salt to the water and mix into a solid, compact dough.
- Form the dough into a strip and divide into 12 pieces.
- Roll the pieces into flat thin ovals.
- Spread some filling on each oval.
- Then fold the sides towards the center, pinching and making neat pleats along the edge.
- Bake at 300°C for about 10 minutes.
- Brush them well with melted butter or a butter and milk mixture.
- Place the pasties, separated with baking paper, in a bowl and cover with a towel to soften the crusts.
- Serve warm with butter or egg butter which is made by mixing equal parts of butter, (cottage cheese) and chopped hard-boiled egg.