Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rice filling Edit
- Rinse the rice and place it in boiling water.
- Simmer until most of the water is absorbed.
- Add the milk, lower the heat to a minimum, and partially cover the pot.
- Simmer until the milk has been absorbed and the rice has turned into a thick porridge.
- Season with salt and leave to cool.
- Add the flour and salt to the water and mix into a solid, compact dough.
- Form the dough into a strip and divide into 12 pieces.
- Roll the pieces into flat thin ovals.
- Spread some filling on each oval.
- Then fold the sides towards the center, pinching and making neat pleats along the edge.
- Bake at 300°C for about 10 minutes.
- Brush them well with melted butter or a butter and milk mixture.
- Place the pasties, separated with baking paper, in a bowl and cover with a towel to soften the crusts.
- Serve warm with butter or egg butter which is made by mixing equal parts of butter, (cottage cheese) and chopped hard-boiled egg.