A Sneaky Kitchen recipe from Karen Danielson. More details at The Sneaky Kitchen
- 5 cans condensed cream of potato soup (10¾ oz.)
- 6 cups fat free half-and-half
- 10 oz can whole baby clams, undrained
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- hot sauce (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- minced fresh parsley
- Heat soup with half-and-half in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add next 6 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Simmer gently until thickened, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle butter on top. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with the fresh minced parsley. If the chowder isn't thick enough to suit, you can do one of two things:
- Stir in instant potato flakes and keep adding and stirring until chowder reaches desired thickness, or,
- Stir in Wondra flour, a little at a time, and continue adding and stirring until chowder reaches the desired thickness. If thickening with flour, cook an additional 2–3 minutes so no raw flour taste remains.