Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 kg ( 4 to 5 no): Karemeen
- 1 tbsp: Red chilly powder
- 2 strips: curry patha
- 1 cup: coconut oil
- 1 roll: Aluminum foil
- salt to taste
- Grind Together
- 5 no: Button onions
- 10 no: black pepper (crushed, not powdered)
- 10 no: Whole red chilies
- ½ inch long: ginger
- 1 no: garlic
- ½ tsp: turmeric powder
For the Gravy
To Prepare(Clean) the Pearl Fish
- Pearl fish comes with a coating of thick scales which has to be sliced off with a sharp knife, keeping the head and tail intact
- Rub the fish on rough surface( on a cutting board) with salt, and clean inside out. wash with clean water and soak them in curd / lemon juice, to get rid of the any bad smell of the fish.
- After half an hour take the fish out of the curd/lemon juice and wash in clean water.
- Make slits through the fish diagonally.
To Prepare the masala
- Grind coarsely all the ingredients to be ground. Add the red chilly powder, turmeric and salt and little water to make the masala to a paste form.
- Rub it allover the fish inside out.
- Lastly keep the carry patha’s pasted to the fish too.
- Keep inside the fridge covered for about half an hour for the masala to soak into the fish.
- Take out and fry in coconut oil both side until it turn dark brown. Serve hot in plangton leaf.
To Make the Gravy