- 2 – 3 medium-sized bittergourds, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 – 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp amchoor (dried mango powder, available at the local Indian grocery store)
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Sauté cumin seeds in hot oil in a deep pan. once it begins to sizzle, add in onions and green chillies. Fry till onions tenderize and brown.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder and salt and saute to blend in spices.
- Add in chopped tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste and amchoor, and fry till tomato juices dry up.
- Add salt and sliced bitter-gourd and cover cook for 7-8 minutes till done. Sprinkle garam masala on top.
- Enjoy with warm rotis and side of piping hot dal.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com