Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hot cabbage soup
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 8
- 10 cups shredded cabbage (2 lbs)
- 2 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp white pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1½ quarts water
- 1½ lbs beef chuck (flank-style ribs)
- 1 large soup bone
- 2 cans tomato purée (1 lb each)
- 8 peeled small whole potatoes (2 lbs)
- 1 tbsp sour salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- In large kettle, mix cabbage, salt, pepper, onion and water.
- Bring to boil, covered.
- Add beef, soup bone and tomato puree.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer covered 1 hour.
- Add potatoes.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Twenty minute before end of cooking time, add sour salt if used and sugar.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Skim off fat.
- Next day, reheat gently.
- Five minutes before serving, add garlic.
- To serve, pour into tureen or individual bowls.
- beef can be served separately or cut up and added to soup.