Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kapenta is a perch-like fish found in the Zambezi and other rivers of Zambia. Serve with Nshima. Serves: 4
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and cut up
- 1 pound dried kapenta, washed well, or 1 pound fresh kapenta or Perch
For dried fish Edit
- Sauté onion in oil until it starts to brown.
- Add tomatoes and sauté another few minutes.
- Add dried kapenta and cook 5 to 7 minutes over a hot fire. water may be added if you prefer a wetter gravy.