Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thai Chicken and Rice Soup - A nice warming soup that spices without the use of chilies..of course, if you can't help yourself, go ahead and toss a few in! ;)
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (mixed with 1 tsp. salt)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon white pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped celery leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium size pot over low heat, simmer rice, water and salt for about an hour or so until rice is soft.
- Marinate chicken in lime juice/salt for about 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until tender; add white pepper and marinated chicken.
- Cook, stirring for 10 minutes or so.
- In small bowls, put 1 cup of heated rice broth and sprinkle with chicken, chopped green onion, celery leaves, and cilantro.