kangkong (Tagalog) is called Watercress in English, sometimes as swamp cabbage or water spinach although it's not really cabbage or spinach. It's sort of ubiquituous in the Philippines, it grows everywhere, in ditches, in ponds, on dry land, or in cultivation.
- 1/2 kilo kangkong (blanched and drained well)
- 4 tomatoes (sliced into rings)
- 2 medium red onions (sliced into rings)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (sliced into rings)
- 2 medium potatoes (peeled, boiled and cubed)
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 small head of garlic (finely minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly grounded)
1. In a big wooden or crystal, arrange kangkong.