- Peel the kanda and cut them into small pieces.
- Boil them in water for 10 minutes.
- Also add tamarind, salt, red color to the boiling water.
- When the pieces turn their color, remove from water and keep aside.
- Heat oil and fry the pieces until golden brown.
- Remove the pieces and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, fry mustard and cumin seeds, black gram and peanuts.
- When they turn brown color, add green chilies, coriander powder, chili powder, cilantro, curry leaves, salt and the fried pieces.
- Fry for another 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve as a side dish with rice.