Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup kamut, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-inch stick cinnamon
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable stock or broth
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- In medium saucepan, combine kamut and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until grains are chewy but not hard in center, about 2 hours.
- Remove from heat, drain if necessary and transfer to medium bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine lentils and enough boiling water to cover. Set aside 30 minutes. Drain.
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, 5 minutes.
- Add spices, bay leaves, cinnamon stick and tomato paste. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Add kamut and lentils. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick and bay leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped cilantro if desired.