- Crush the onions with ginger and half of the garlic.
- Put some water into it, cover and keep.
- Melt the ghee in a pot.
- Add in the water from soaked cinnamon, cardamom, and fennel seed into the pot and stir until all the water has evaporated.
- Add in the onions mix, garlic, cinnamon, cardamom into the ghee and fry until the onions are transparent.
- Add in the rice and fry until rice is slightly dried up.
- Add in the stock and seasoning.
- Stir once and bring to boil.
- When the water has boiled down to the top of the rice reduce the heat, cover the top of the pot.
- Simmer until all the water has evaporated.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir the rice after 10 minutes from removal from heat to separate the grains.