Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Veal in a casserole
- 1 lb veal
- ⅓ cup margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion
- 4 medium potatoes
- ¼ cup tomato pulp or paste
- ¼ cup veal broth
- Rinse veal (or wipe with a damp paper towel) and remove any skin.
- Cut into rather small pieces.
- Peel potatoes and cut into strips or slices.
- Use half of margarine to grease a deep, covered baking dish or casserole.
- Cover with a sprinkling of bread crumbs.
- Peel and slice onion and lightly brown in remainder of margarine.
- Place a layer of potatoes in casserole and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add a layer of meat, season with salt and pepper, and cover with onions.
- Repeat, with a layer of potatoes on top.
- Cover casserole and bake in a hot oven (400°F) for ½ hour.
- Remove cover.
- Combine veal broth and tomato pulp or paste and pour over casserole ingredients.
- Bake, uncovered, for another ½ hour or until meat is tender.