- In wok or large skillet, heat ½ tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add one-third of the sliced apples and one-third of the shallots and cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in one-third of the kale; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Add ⅓ cup broth and cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to large serving bowl, repeat twice, until all ingredients (except vinaigrette) are used.
- Add cranberry vinaigrette to cooked kale and toss until well coated.
- Serve hot.