This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 tbsp of olive or canola oil
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic (crushed or minced)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups of kale chopped if fresh (you can use frozen 2 or 3 pkgs. or if canned use 2 to 3 cans)
- 4 cups of chicken or veggie broth
- 2 x 15 oz cans of white beans, any kind
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes or chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- In a large pot, heat olive oil then add garlic and onion.
- Sauté these ingredients until soft.
- Add kale and sauté until wilted.
- Add 3 cups of the broth, 2 cups of beans, tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a blender, or what have you, mix the remaining beans and broth until smooth. I bet your asking why, its to thicken the soup.
- Mix into soup.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve it up in bowls and dress with parsley.