Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 tbsp of olive or canola oil
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic (crushed or minced)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups of kale chopped if fresh (you can use frozen 2 or 3 pkgs. or if canned use 2 to 3 cans)
- 4 cups of chicken or veggie broth
- 2 x 15 oz cans of white beans, any kind
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes or chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- In a large pot, heat olive oil then add garlic and onion.
- Sauté these ingredients until soft.
- Add kale and sauté until wilted.
- Add 3 cups of the broth, 2 cups of beans, tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a blender, or what have you, mix the remaining beans and broth until smooth. I bet your asking why, its to thicken the soup.
- Mix into soup.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve it up in bowls and dress with parsley.