- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 100 gm: yam sliced into small pieces
- ½ litre: Mashed yogurt (without water)
- 1 no: Small raw banana
- ½ no: grated coconut
- ½ tsp: cumin seeds
- 1 tsp: pepper powder
- 1cup: water
- ¼ tsp: turmeric powder
- ½ tsp: Fried and powdered fenugreek
- 3 no: Green chillies (slit the edge)
- 3 tsp: ghee
- 2 no: Dried chilli (split into 2)
- 1 tsp: mustard
- 1 tsp: ghee
- 1sprig: curry leaves
- salt to taste
- Remove the skin of the plantain and slice it into small pieces.
- Grind the coconut and cumin to a smooth paste without adding water. Keep it aside.
- Dissolve the pepper powder in ½ cup of water and strain it through a clean cloth. Cook the vegetables in this water.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt. Stir well.
- When the water dries, add 1 tsp ghee. Pour the yogurt and mix well. Lower the flame.
- When the curd boils and becomes dry and thick, add the ground coconut mixture and fenugreek powder into it. Stir well.
- Brings to a boil and remove from fire. Season with mustard, dried chillies and curry leaves.