Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 cake of yeast
- warm water to dilute
- pinch of sugar
- approximately 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup cold half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm milk
- 3 ounces of butter
- 1 tablespoon of lard
- 7 cups of flour
- golden raisins to taste
- In a bowl, mix the yeast cake diluted in warm water, sugar and flour in a separate bowl, beat together the whole eggs, egg yolks sugar, half and half and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk, butter and lard.
- Add to 7 cups of flour.
- Then add yeast mixture and then add egg and milk mixture.
- Knead well (about 10 minutes) let raise until doubled (about 2 hours).
- Divide into 6 equal parts (about 1 pound each).
- Roll out and dot with white raisins that have been soaked in water and drained (start with ¾ cup white raisins).
- Roll up and braid three strands together and put in greased loaf pan.
- Then roll up and braid the other three strands and put in greased loaf pan.
- Let raise again (approximately one hour to an hour and a half).
- Brush with beaten egg and sugar before baking at 350°F for about one hour.