- 1 loaf French bread
- 150 g Gervais cheese or curd cheese
- anchovy paste
- 300 – 400 g ham
- 300 – 400 g smoked pork
- 400 g Edam cheese
- 3 – 4 hard boiled eggs
- 100 g chopped pickles
- chopped chives to taste
- Cut one end off the French bread with a long knife and hollow out the loaf with a spoon to the width of a finger.
- The bread removed with the spoon should now be cut finely and set aside.
- Finely cube the ham, smoked pork, cheese and pickles.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks of the hard boiled eggs and likewise cube, after which pass the yolks through a sieve.
- In a pot, melt butter and stir until foamy, mix in Gervais or curd cheese as well as the sieved egg yolks and the finely cut bread.
- Flavor with salt, pepper, mustard and anchovy paste.
- At this point, mix all of the ingredients for the filling together and carefully insert the filling into the hollowed-out loaf and compact firmly.
- Reattach the severed end and wrap in a moist towel or in aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut the french load in 1" slices and serve.