- 3 lbs roasting chicken
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 8 oz minced meat
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaf
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- Wash and dry chicken well, then rub it inside and out with salt and half the crushed garlic.
- Heat oil in frying pan, fry remaining garlic and onions with the chicken and mince meat.
- Season with salt, pepper and chilli.
- When meat has been fried well.
- Add coriander powder, rice and thick coconut milk.
- Bring to simmering point, then reduce heat, cool.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Put the oil in saucepan large enough to hold the amount of liquid.
- Add onion and fry gently for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add coriander and cumin and continue to stir for a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, then cover saucepan, turn heat very low and allow to cook for 10 minutes, lifting lid and stirring two or three times.
- Add hot water and stock cubes and bring to the boil.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add milk and allow to come to the boil once more, stirring occasionally.
- Mix cornflour with cold water and add to the soup off the heat, then return to heat and stir constantly until it boils and thickens.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with coriander leaves.