Purchased from Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1989. Notation on card indicates this is a family favorite holiday bread. Dated 1942.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group and also by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- ⅛ cup kahlúa (you can use more; just use less water)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 x 5 oz can non-fat evaporated milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp canola oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- miniature chocolate chips - (lots).
- Place all ingredients, except for filling, into bread machine in the proper order for your machine.
- Use dough cycle.
- At end of dough cycle, remove dough and place on lightly-floured bread board.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle, sprinkle with lots of miniature chocolate chips, and roll up into a loaf.
- Place in greased bread pan, cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Slash loaf with a lame or razor blade.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove loaf onto a cake rack and let cool.