Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1989. Notation on card indicates this is a family favorite holiday bread. Dated 1942.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group and also by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- ⅛ cup kahlúa (you can use more; just use less water)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 x 5 oz can non-fat evaporated milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp canola oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- miniature chocolate chips - (lots).
- Place all ingredients, except for filling, into bread machine in the proper order for your machine.
- Use dough cycle.
- At end of dough cycle, remove dough and place on lightly-floured bread board.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle, sprinkle with lots of miniature chocolate chips, and roll up into a loaf.
- Place in greased bread pan, cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Slash loaf with a lame or razor blade.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove loaf onto a cake rack and let cool.